With the objective of encouraging women’s education, the Australian National University is awarding Romaine Rutnam funding for Sri Lankan Students in Australia.
The fund is established to support a woman from Sri Lanka who wishes to undertake a PhD or Professional Doctorate by a Research program at ANU.
Worthy opportunity for Sri Lankan Students to get an education in Australia
User Review( votes)
The Australian National University is regarded as one of the world’s leading research universities. It is well known for its programs in the arts and social sciences and ranks among the best in the world for a number of disciplines including politics and international relations.
Why at the Australian National University? While studying at this university, candidates can get the opportunities and take a broad and flexible look at the labor market, both locally and internationally.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
- University or Organization: Australian National University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Sri Lankan women students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Sri Lankan women students
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Health, Social Justice, Ecological Sustainability, Medicine, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or related area.
- Admissible Criteria: The applicant must have a Bachelor degree with first-class honors or a Master degree with a research component or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Applicant must have to hold a research proposal with a clearly articulated aim to help foster the resilience of Sri Lankan communities, through substantial fieldwork in Sri Lanka in partnership with community organizations there.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to grasp this grant, you are needed to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the university. After taking affirmation, seekers can download and submit the award application form to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: You are required to attach the two page maximum (a4) research proposal that clearly articulates your aims to help foster the resilience of Sri Lankan communities, through substantial fieldwork in Sri Lanka in partnership with community organizations there, CV or resume and 3 references we may contact, including at least 1 referee from a tertiary academic institution.
- Admission Requirements: For being enrolled in the PhD degree coursework, claimants need to hold their bachelor and masters degree certificates in the relevant subject area.
- Language Requirement: All applicants must have to provide evidence that their English language ability meets the minimum requirements for admission.
The studentship will cover the following: tuition fees, a stipend for living expenses, health cover, leave provision, and fieldwork allowances. Additional funding benefits include a thesis allowance, support for relocation costs, establishment funding within Australia, and covered visa and publication costs.