The Faculty of Science –Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API) at the University of Amsterdam now wishes to invite applicants for a 2+1 year postdoctoral research position, to begin in Fall 2018. The successful candidate will work in the research group of Prof. Sera Markoff, and interact with an extensive network of international collaborators.
The aim of the position is to support students who have a PhD in an Astrophysics-related topic and the successful candidate will work in the research group of Prof. Sera Markoff, and interact with an extensive network of international collaborators.
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Established by municipal authorities and later renamed for the city of Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam is the third-oldest university in the Netherlands.
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2017
- Course Level: Position is available for post-doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of Theoretical Astrophysics.
- Award: The appointment is intended for an initial period of 2 years, with renewal for a 3rd year contingent upon satisfactory progress. The starting date for the position is fall 2018.
- The position comes with a competitive salary, as well as generous funding for travel and computer resources. The salary will be in accordance with the University regulations for academic personnel and will range from €2588 to €4084 (salary scale 10) gross per month. This is excl. 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end of year bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
- Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Number of Awards: Number of position is not given.
- The award can be taken in Netherland
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a PhD in an Astrophysics-related topic.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply:
- Applications for the position at the University of Amsterdam may only be submitted by sending your application via email.To process your application immediately, please quote vacancy number 17-572 in the subject line.
- Interested candidates should submit via email a single PDF including a CV, a concise statement of research experience and motivation for applying, and a publication list.
- Applicants should also arrange for 3 letters of recommendation (PDF) to be sent separately via email to prof. S.B. (Sera) Markoff by the deadline.
- Applications not mentioning vacancy number 17-572 and the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line will not be processed.
- Review of applications will continue until the position is filled; however, applications received by 15 December 2017 will be given priority. We especially welcome candidates who will contribute to the diversity of the group.