The Royal College of Surgeons is pleased to offer Apjohn PhD Scholarships. These scholarships are available for doctoral candidates interested in pursuing research in medicinal chemistry or chemical biology.
The Apjohn Scholarships are new prestigious awards aiming to develop future chemistry leaders in academia and industry.
The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland is a professional association and educational institution that is responsible for the medical speciality of surgery throughout the island of Ireland.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing research programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Chemistry.
- Scholarship Award: The research will be carried out in the new state-of-the-art chemistry research facility in RCSI St Stephen’s Green. Scholarships, which are awarded in honour of Prof. James Apjohn the first RCSI Professor of Chemistry appointed in 1828, will consist of a €18,000 annual stipend, PhD student fees, and research consumables and conference budget.
- Nationalities: Scholarships are open to international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to international students.
- Entrance Requirements:
Candidates should have or be about to gain either a first class BSc or MSc degree or equivalent.
Candidates may need proof of English language competency.
Candidates must register for the degree of PhD for which a scholarship is provided.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Applications should include a covering letter naming the academic staff with whom research is to be carried out, CV, and the contact details of two referees.
How to Apply:
Applications should be sent via email.