Awards provide students with an opportunity to be educated. So for supporting students, Macquarie University is providing the ARC Linkage Project PhD International Scholarship. The scholarship is open for both domestic and international students.
The program encourages talented students who want to undertake research on working with geomorphic and vegetative recovery in river and flood management.
Admirable opportunity for international students offered by Macquarie University in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1964, Macquarie University is consistently ranked in the top two percent of universities in the world and within the top 10 in Australia. It offers various degree-level programs for students from all around the world.
Why study at Macquarie University? The university is well-known for its first-class facilities, highly skilled graduates, and excellence in interdisciplinary research and teaching. At this university, students will get the best teaching and academic facilities.
Application Deadline: August 16, 2021
- University or Organization: Macquarie University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Discount on Tuition Fees+ Living Allowance and Stipend of $28,092 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: This position will focus on the research aims of the ARC Linkage project and work on flow hydrology, flood risk, and natural flood management.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Masters by Research (MRes) degree in Hydrology, Geomorphology, Physical Geography, Earth Science, Environmental Science, or a related subject.
- You must have training or ability in the following fields:
- Fieldwork design and execution.
- Working with historical hydrological datasets, that may be of coarse resolution.
- Working with large hydrological datasets, that may be of high resolution.
- Modelling historical flood analysis and future flood forecasting.
- Baseline understanding of the geomorphology of river systems.
- Applications of science in applied contexts – e.g. flood risk assessment and natural flood management.
- Working as part of an integrative team and with industry partners.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity, applicants must have take admission in a PhD degree program at Macquarie University. After being registered, candidates will be automatically considered for this education award.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with your application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must check the entry requirements of the programme.
- Language Requirement: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
The funding program is comprised of the Tuition Fee Offset and a Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (MQRES) Living Allowance/Stipend. The stipend component of the scholarship is currently valued at AUD $28,092 per annum (2020 rate, tax-exempt).