For the academic year, 2018-2019 Estonian Ministry of Education and Research and Archimedes Foundation is offering scholarships to foreign nationals, pursuant to bilateral intergovernmental or inter-ministerial agreements concluded with other countries.
The purpose of the guidelines is to provide the conditions and procedure of the payment of scholarships awarded by the national program for foreign students, researchers, and lecturers for studies in higher education institutions.
A great way to get an education in Estonia with some financial assistance.
User Review( votes)
Education Agency is a department of Archimedes Foundation that was established in 2015 resulting from a merger of Centre for Educational Programmes and Centre for Higher Education Development. Our role is to support the development and enhanced competitiveness of Estonian educational organizations, teachers, educational staff, pupils, students, and other learners by opening them the opportunities of the Estonian, international and European Union programs.
University or Organization: Estonian Ministry of Education and Research and Archimedes Foundation
Course Level: Undergraduate studies
Award: 660 euros per month
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Foreign students
The program can be taken in Estonia
Application Deadline: Closed
The grant is available to the following group of applicants:
Group A countries: 1. The People’s Republic of China 2. Israel 3. Greece 4. Poland 5. Czech Republic 6. Turkey.
Group B countries: 1. United States of America 2. Armenia 3. Azerbaijan 4. Belgium 5. Brazil 6. Bulgaria 7. Egypt 8. Philippines 9. Georgia 10. Spain 11. Croatia 12. India 13. Indonesia 14. Italy 15. Canada 16. Kazakhstan 17. The Republic of Korea 18. Cyprus 19. Lithuania 20. Latvia 21. Mexico 22. Moldova 23. Portugal 24. France 25. Germany 26. Slovenia 27. Finland 28. Sri Lanka 29. United Kingdom 30. Thailand 31. Tunisia 32. Ukraine 33. Hungary 34. Russia 35. Vietnam.
- The scholarship supports foreign students in their studies at the Estonian higher education institutions.
- The scholarship can be applied for by the foreign students who wish to study at a higher education institution in Estonia during the 2018/2019 academic year at formal studies or as an exchange student.
- The scholarship supports master and Ph.D. studies in all fields. In the first stage of higher education, the program can only be applied for fields that are related to Estonian language and culture.
- Applications are accepted from students from countries who are the citizens of one of the countries listed in Annex 1 or whose home university is located in one of those countries.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application, which contains the motivation letter, must be submitted in the electronic application environment (www.archimedes.ee/taotlused) along with the following annexes:
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to provide a copy of passport or ID card, a confirmation letter of the higher education institution about admittance and the study period or about submitting the admission documents.
- Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Benefit: The scholarship rate for Ph.D. studies is 660 euros per month.