Highly passionate candidates from all around the world have a great way to manage their finances by applying for the Argelander Academy Grants at the University of Bonn in Germany.
Argelander Program is open for early-career researchers and provides comprehensive support to promote early independent research. The aim of this funding line is to foster networks, support early independence, increase international visibility, encourage work on innovative research questions and promote collaborative research projects.
Wonderful opportunity for international students in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The Center for Development Research (ZEF) is an institute under the University of Bonn that aims to find science-based solutions to development-related issues. The University of Bonn is one of the most distinguished and well-networked research universities in the world and conducts research in fields defined by the Excellence Strategy.
Why choose to study at the University of Bonn? The University of Bonn is distinguished by its variety, global reach, world-class research, and active student life.
Application Deadline: Applications will close on October 17, 2022. Please send your entry on time to get better consideration.
- University or Organization: Centre for Development Research – University of Bonn
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral degree
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: Four
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral research program in six Transdisciplinary Research Areas (TRAs) create areas for exploration and innovation in research and teaching at the University of Bonn.
- Mathematics, Modelling and Simulation of Complex Systems
- Building Blocks of Matter and Fundamental Interactions
- Life and Health
- Individuals, Institutions and Societies
- Past Worlds and Modern Questions. Cultures Across Time and Space
- Innovation and Technology for Sustainable Futures.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must enroll in the applied programme at the university.
- Students must have master’s degree from a recognized university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must take part in a postdoctoral degree at the university. After that, they can complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- CV of the applying postdoc (family time etc. taken into account, please make clear in CV)
- Innovative potential of the research question
- Relevance for the university’s research profiles, e.g. for one (or more) of our TRAs
- Clear aims and concrete goals of the Academy (e.g. increasing international visibility – for instance, through joint papers – , application for third-party funding)
- CVs of the invited postdocs (preferably including guests from one of our strategic partner universities or regions
- Involvement in any further activities beyond the scope of the research project, e.g. guest lectures by the international postdocs, seminars for doctoral students, participation in colloquia etc.
- Admission Requirements: Before taking admission, applicants must check all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS Academic – 6.0
- TOEFL iBT – 80
- CPE and CAE are also accepted.
The University of Bonn will provide study expenses in the following manner:
- Travel and accommodation expenses for up to 4 international postdocs staying in Bonn between two to eight weeks. Upon availability, housing can be provided in the University Guest House
- Travel allowance according to DAAD standards (determined according to country of origin, not actual costs)
- Accommodation allowance (1200 € / month)
- Costs for Visa Applications for the international guest will be reimbursed
- Optional: Support by the hosting institute, e.g. for research costs
- Up to €5.000 will be provided for a small conference or symposium to conclude the visit. This encompasses the invitation of up to two guest speakers (travel and accommodation for up to 4 nights) and catering and advertisement costs for the event.
- Upon request the costs for accompanying children and partners of the international guests can be subsidized.
- Beyond funding:
- International postdocs will have the opportunity to benefit from the Argelander Program, especially the workshops offered within the Postdoc plus Training Program
- Opportunity to host the concluding conference/symposium in the Argelander Competence Center
- Administrative support for the conference organization
- Consultation on funding opportunities and individual funding consultation.