Take your skills to the next level with the help of the ARISE Fellowships. The programme is organized by the European Molecular Biology Laboratory for the academic year 2021-2022.
EMBL was founded in 1974 and it is a molecular biology research institution. They train students and scientists to perform world-class biological research and they provide state-of-the-art technologies for a wide range of scientific and experimental services.
Amazing opportunity for students in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Why study at EMBL? The aim of EMBL’s research is to achieve a fundamental understanding of biological processes. We need to study and understand biological phenomena and systems in their full complexity
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
- University or Organization: EMBL
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Fellowship
- Award: Educational fund
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Germany students
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Germany
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- A University degree in natural sciences or related STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- At least four years of full-time equivalent research experience (in technology development) in STEM fields, a high level of skills (postdoctoral standard) or expertise in a specialisation in which doctoral degrees are not usually awarded. Experience can be both in academia or non-academic sectors but must be relevant to the research fields of EMBL groups and teams that are participating in the programme.
- Experience relevant to technology development related to service provision
- Strong scientific potential that can be shown through e.g., scientific publications, scientific software unique or problematic data sets, technical documentation or similar, contributions to patents, examples of management of technology development projects or detailed description of any other innovative research you have performed and your achievements or through other ways to demonstrate experience relevant to technology development and scientific services
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this programme, aspirants have to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: At least two out of three letters of reference must be submitted
- Your CV (including the full list of your publications and relevant awards).
- Any relevant certificate (e.g., PhD, MSc, BSc, other relevant certificate(s)).
- Your project proposal (including the ethics self-assessment).
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a previous degree with excellent results.
- Language Requirement: Fluency in English (written and oral) and excellent communication skills
Benefits: EMBL will provide the award amount of educational fund to complete their education in the USA.