To support the training of future professionals and managerial staff in developing countries, the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology and DAAD are delighted to offer the ARPPIS-DAAD PhD scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
Sub-Saharan African citizens can apply for this scholarship award to cover the tuition fee and all other expenses. The award is applicable to PhD study programmes undertaken at ICIPE. Selected students will also get to do their research in Germany for 3 to 6 months.
Great offer for applicants in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology is an international scientific research institute headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, that works towards improving the lives and livelihoods of people in Africa.
The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology holds a vision is to pioneer global science in entomology, to improve the well being and resilience of people and the environment to the challenges of a changing world, through innovative and applied research, alongside the deep exploratory study, impact assessment, evaluation, and sustainable capacity building.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for admission application and the scholarship application are both is 15th December 2021.
- University or Organization: International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: Students that are a citizen of a country in sub-Saharan Africa can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD study in insects and arthropods and their impacts, positive and negative, on food production, human and animal health, environmental sustainability and livelihoods at ICIPE.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have successfully completed generally a two-year university degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to submit their admission application form online here. Scholarship application needs to be submitted separately on the official website of DAAD.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- PhD proposal
- Motivation letter
- University transcripts
- University certificates
- 2 Recommendation letter
- National ID
- Copy of passport
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor or a commitment letter from the host institution
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a relevant bachelor or aster degree qualification prior to application or must be expected to receive one.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the institute.
The winning candidates will be given Tuition fees, Monthly scholarship (283 to 750 EUROS), Study and research allowance (920 EURO), Printing allowance (800 EUROS), Travel allowance, and Health Insurance. Students can also additionally secure research stay in Germany for 3 up to 6 months.