Applications are invited for Art History or Art and Design PhD Positionsat University of Johannesburg in South Africa. Only South African citizens may apply.
At FADA we believe that art, architecture and design can make this world a better place. We are deeply invested in ensuring that our students learn to be proactive about finding and creating situations where they can put their knowledge, skills, and values into practice. With the rise of the internet and the strong presence of social media, we have become an interconnected society in which people from different cultures and beliefs can share ideas instantly. Therefore it is important to us to incorporate the global art, design and architecture community into what and how we teach.
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study PhD in Art History or a PhD in Art and Design. The topic of the PhD must be relevant to the chair’s focus on South African art and visual culture. Those related to gender, public art, and community art projects are particularly welcome.
- Scholarship Award: The value of The grant is R 120 000 per annum for the three years in which the study is expected to be completed.
- Nationality: Only South Africans may apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Only South Africans may apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Available to those who are seeking to commence with these studies in the first semester of 2019.
- Only South Africans may apply. The studentships are awarded competitively, and proven academic capacity is a key criterion for success.
How to Apply: To apply, please download the PhD application form on this page.
Please submit your completed application form as well as copies of your transcripts of academic results by Wednesday 31 October to Prof Brenda Schmahmann brendas-at-uj.ac.za.