Applicants are invited to apply for the 7 Ishibashi Foundation / The Japan Foundation Fellowships for Research on Japanese Art for curators and researchers from abroad.
The purpose and goal of research should be clear, and the goal should be achievable during the proposed term of the fellowship.
Amazing opportunity for students.
User Review( votes)
The Japan Foundation is Japan’s only institution dedicated to carrying out comprehensive international cultural exchange programs throughout the world. With the objective of deepening mutual understanding between the people of Japan and other countries/regions, our various activities and information services create opportunities for people-to-people interactions.
- Applications Deadline: December 2, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Japanese Art. Priority will be given to projects that include in its proposals, plans for research results to be shared widely among the overseas public through the implementation of exhibits or the publication of books.
- Scholarship Award: Fellowship offers:
- Round-trip airfare (discount economy-class [most direct and economical route])
- Stipend and other allowances
- Nationality: Fellowship is available for curators and researchers from abroad.
- Number of Scholarships: n/a
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available for curators and researchers from abroad.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Individuals who conduct the activities stipulated in “Eligible Area and Activities” living in a country outside of Japan (curator, researcher, coordinator, educator, conservator, etc.). All of the following criteria must be met:
- Applicant must be a national/permanent resident of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Applicants must be in good health both physically and mentally.
- Applicants must be proficient in either Japanese or English.
- Applicants must be able to stay continuously in Japan for the term of fellowship.
- Applicants must not violate the law or regulations of their own country by receiving a fellowship from the Japan Foundation.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be proficient in either Japanese or English.