The University of York and White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities collaborated to bring Doctoral Awards to International students for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship will be granted to Students who compete in postgraduate research at York. The scholarship will provide £17,668+ per annum, £550 annual enhancement, and tuition fees in the UK. The White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities (WRoCAH) funds the scholarship.
Arts and Humanities Research Council WRoCAH Collaborative Doctoral Awards
Nice offer to study at the University of York in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1963, the University of York has developed into better than thirty branches and camps surrounding multiple topics. It is a collegiate-scale mirror research university in the municipality of York, England. It aspires to provide client satisfaction, worth for money, and development grade within a warm and pleasing atmosphere. They cooperate with institutions worldwide to develop life-saving discoveries and new technologies that attack some of the numerous critical international challenges.
Why study at the University of York? The University of York is understood for its outstanding academics, whose analysis conveys energy and avant-garde concepts to the instruction students welcome at York. It is one of the globe’s organizations for intense and life-changing research. It is positively dedicated to providing a wide demographic of researchers entrance to high-quality, research-intensive knowledge backgrounds dedicated to the general interest.
Application Deadline: 8 March 2023
- University or Organization: University of York
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate research
- Award: £17,668+ per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 3
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: International students, including EU and UK (home), are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the Postgraduate Research Program subject offered by the University of York.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Open to International students, including EU and UK (home)
- International and Home students are eligible for fully funded studentships from October 2023.
- If offered an award successfully, they may be asked some questions on residency to confirm their fee status. This is only for internal use, and their full research degree fees will be covered by their studentship regardless of whether they are classified as Home or International.
- These awards are attached to specific projects, which will be advertised in the week commencing 30 January 2023.
- By the time they start their Ph.D. study, they should have the following:
- A First or 2:1 honors degree or equivalent
- A Masters-level qualification.
- They may apply to study either full-time or part-time. Part-time studentships will be awarded pro rata (normally 50 percent for six years).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates must complete the Admission application through the university application portal. Application details for the scholarship can be obtained on the official website of WRoCAH.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A CV with details of their academic qualifications and any relevant work experience.
- A cover letter comprising a two-page statement to convey their motivation and enthusiasm for the project, demonstrate their suitability for their intended Ph.D. studies with the University and Project Partner and address their understanding of the expectations of being a member of the WRoCAH training program.
- The cover letter should specifically highlight the following:
- Their interest in the project and details on why they have chosen that University and Project Partner.
- How will they apply their skills, knowledge, and experience to undertake a Ph.D., and what approach would they take to develop the project?
- How the project fits into their career plans and ambitions
- They plan to engage with the WRoCAH training program.
- Admission Requirements: Students must check entry requirements when studying at the University of York.
- Language Requirement: Students must verify their English proficiency by completing their English proficiency requirements.
The University of York will provide £17,668+ per annum, £550 annual enhancement, and tuition fees.