International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is offering pre-doctoral fellowships for the nationals of an ICGEB member state. Fellowships are available in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue PhD research studies in a world-class scientific environment.
ICGEB offers postgraduate studies with the aim of obtaining the “Doctor Philosophiae” (PhD) degree in the life sciences.
Nice chance for ICGEB member state students.
User Review( votes)
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology provides a scientific and educational environment of the highest standard and conducts innovative research in life sciences for the benefit of developing countries.
- Course Level: Fellowships
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of life sciences.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy, India, South Africa and the UK
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this fellowship:
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years of research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
Nationality: Applicants of an ICGEB Member State (Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam) are eligible to apply for the fellowships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine the availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
- All submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are national for endorsement. The endorsement is a fundamental requirement for the Fellowship to be awarded.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants for ICGEB Trieste and Cape Town should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB New Delhi should hold an MSc degree.
- English Language Requirements: Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
Application Deadline: March 31.