International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is pleased to offer Short-term Fellowships for postdoctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from the ICGEB Member States. Applications can be made for the ongoing academic year 2022-2023.
The application for this scholarship is exclusively offered to ICGEB Member State students only. The applicants must be new commencing students enrolling in postdoctoral fellowships at ICGEB.
Amazing opportunity for students to get financial assistance to complete their PhD degree.
User Review( votes)
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) was established as the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) project in 1983. The Organization has three Component laboratories with over 45 ongoing research projects in Infectious and Non-communicable diseases, Medical, Industrial and Plant Biology Biotechnology in Trieste, Free Territory of Trieste New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa.
Why study at International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)? It provides a scientific environment of the highest international standards for advanced research and education and the development of biotechnology products for over the Member States. It is a set of technologies used to change the genetic makeup of cells, including the transfer of genes within and across species boundaries to produce improved or novel organisms.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 30 September 2022.
- University or Organization: International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 23,000.
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Italy, India and South Africa
- Eligible Countries: ICGEB Member State.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in Life Sciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. They may not apply for fellowships in their country of origin unless they have been working abroad for at least the last three years and at the time of application.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Please complete this online application portal, and Applications from Djibouti and Ethiopia should undergo a 2-stage selection process. Please read the “Biotechnet Application Guidelines carefully” before applying for more information or contact [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: Please note that you will be requested to upload the following documents (pdf files):
- Full CV
- Written Statement from the ICGEB Group Leader
- A valid identification document (passport or identity card). Recommended passport validity should be 12 months at least.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least three years of research experience.
- Language Requirement: Students must fulfill the language TOEFL, Cambridge or similar requirements of the programme they want to join.
The university will provide all the following:
- Duration: 1-6 months
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 23,000.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members participating in the programme.