The Victoria University of Wellington is offering up to five scholarships for the students of ASEAN countries. These opportunities are awarded to students who have submitted an application to study at Victoria as an undergraduate international student in 2018.
The purpose of this application is to promote educational opportunities for young ASEAN students with an excellent academic record and leadership potential who meet the criteria.
Victoria University is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious tertiary institutions with a proud tradition of academic excellence.
Why at Victoria University? To study at Victoria as an international student, students shall need a good command of the English language and a good record of academic achievement.
University or Organization: Victoria University
Course Level: Undergraduate program
Award: Tuition Fees
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizen of an ASEAN country
The program can be taken in New Zealand
Application Deadline: Closed
- Be a citizen of an ASEAN country. ASEAN countries are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam;
- Have an excellent record of academic achievement in their secondary school/university Foundation program studies;
- Be completing (or have completed) the academic requirements for admission into an undergraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington in 2018;
- Have submitted an application to study at Victoria as an undergraduate International Student in 2018;
- Be intending to enroll for the first year of study of an undergraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington in 2018;
- Be under 23 years old on 31 December 2017;
- Be able to obtain a student visa;
- The studentships are available for studying any of the courses offered by the Victoria University of Wellington.
- Produce evidence of achievements or forecast achievements to meet the admission requirements;
- Have met Victoria’s English language requirements for undergraduate study;
- Not have lodged, personally or as dependents, a current application for migration or has been granted residency status in New Zealand.
Nationality: Citizen of an ASEAN country can apply for these endowments.
List of Countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications will be accepted during September and October and must be received by Victoria University by 31 October. No application fee is required.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants should include certified copies of supporting documents that have not already been submitted to Victoria as part of an application for admission, A full list of the required documents can be found on the ‘Application Form.’
- Language Requirement: To study at Victoria as an international student, students shall need a good command of the English language and a good record of academic achievement.
Benefit: The scholarship covers the tuition fees for the first year of study for an undergraduate degree commencing in 2018.