The Japan Foundation Asia Center is seeking applicants for Asia Center Research Fellowship to conduct research in abroad. The fellowship is available for the applicants from Japan and ten Asian countries.
The aim of the fellowship is to expand the sphere of cultural and artistic exchange.
User Review( votes)
The Japan Foundation Asia Center hereinafter the Asia Center expands networks—both individual and institutional—in Asia, explores new initiatives with the region, and nurtures the sense of coexistence and understanding as fellow neighbors in Asia.
- Application Deadline: 1st round: No later than December 3, 2018 for projects that start between June 1, 2019 and November 30, 2019. 2nd round: No later than June 3, 2018 for projects that start between December 1, 2019 and May 31, 2020.
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the fields of arts and culture, academic exchange, and sports.
- Award: The grant can cover portions from a maximum of three categories from below.
1. Traveling expense (international and long-distance domestic travel) and accommodation
2. Venue and equipment use
3. Translation, interpretation and honoraria for lecturers
4. Preparation of materials, reports, PR materials, etc
5. Carriage (baggage/ freight)
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Applicants of Japan, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
- The award can be taken in Abroad
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of Japan, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam can apply for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following area for the fellowship:
- *Applicants must be a resident of ASEAN countries or Japan, and hold a nationality, citizenship, or permanent residency of ASEAN countries or of Japan.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have the command of language(s) necessary to pursue the proposed project.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Application Forms
- Forms A to E (five in total) listed below are required for application.
- Submit the original A to D forms (including all attachments) as one set and its hardcopy to the appropriate office in IX. 2. Submission Locations below.
- The two reference letters (E) must be sent directly from your two referrers to the appropriate office in IX. 2. Submission Locations below.
- Application Form (Form I)
- CV (including educational and work experience)
- Acceptance Form(s) from Host Institution(s)/Individual(s) (copies allowed)
- Information (Institutional Outline, CVs, Past Engagements, etc.) and Contact information of Host Institution(s)/Individual(s)
- Reference Letter (Form II) (from two referrers)
- Download the Reference Letter (Form II) from the Asia Center website and forward to your AC-FS two referrers. Each referrer must send the Letter directly to the Japan Foundation overseas office, the Japanese Embassy, or Japan Foundation Asia Center of which the applicant submitted her/his application.
- Notify the referrers of the deadlines in advance. Reference Letters must arrive by the deadlines indicated in VI. Deadlines and Schedule of Notification of Results. Late submissions are not accepted.
- Submit application (one original set and its hardcopy) by registered post or by delivery service (takkyubin) to the Japan Foundation Asia Center. E-mail, fax, or direct submissions will not be accepted. Write “Asia Center Fellowship Program: Application” in red on the envelope.