The Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI) has selected HKUST as a distinguished Partner University for the Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP), marking it as one of the select few Asian institutions chosen for this prestigious initiative. Through this collaboration, HKUST provides opportunities for students to benefit from the AFLSP, emphasizing its recognition as a key player in nurturing future leaders across the Asian continent.
The primary aim of AFLSP is to provide financial support and unique enrichment opportunities to non-local students from Asia who is admitted to full-time master’s programs at HKUST.
Worthy offer for interntional students in Hong Kong.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1909, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology is a public research university in Hong Kong. It is ranked 7th in Asia and one of the fastest-growing universities in the world. It is committed to being a leader in the academic world through excellence in teaching.
Why study at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology? The university provides strong infrastructural support for faculty and students to overcome traditional boundaries and cross-field challenges in their research. HKUST provides advanced learning and knowledge through teaching and research, particularly in science, technology, engineering, management and business studies, to assist in the economic and social development of Hong Kong.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2024
- University or Organization: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) in collaboration with Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s Programs (MPhil, MA, MPM, MPP, MSc)
- Award: NA
- Number of Awards: 10
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Non-local students from eligible Asian countries
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship program is open to non-local students from various Asian countries. Eligible countries include but are not limited to China, Philippines, Japan, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, and Singapore.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship is applicable to any full-time Master’s program at HKUST, including MPhil, MA, MPM, MPP, and MSc programs.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Admission to a full-time Master’s program at HKUST.
- Non-local student status from an eligible Asian country.
- A commitment to the mission and vision of BXAI.
- Demonstrated academic excellence.
- Proficiency in English and strong presentation skills.
- A desire for international and intercultural understanding.
- Leadership potential and a history of compassion and service.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship for the 2024/25 intake via the HKUST Online Admission System and download the AFLSP application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Completed AFLSP application form, downloadable from the Online Admission System.
- Short video introduction (up to 3 minutes) covering personal introduction, reasons for applying, aspirations, and personal traits.
- Additional reference letter(s) from referees familiar with the applicant’s performance, experiences, and qualities relevant to AFLSP selection.
- Admission Requirements: Admission requirements include meeting the criteria for admission to a full-time Master’s program at HKUST. Refer to the specific program’s admission criteria.
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in English is essential. Applicants may be required to demonstrate their English language proficiency as per HKUST’s admission standards.
The AFLSP program offers a comprehensive scholarship package, including monetary awards and enrichment programs. The scholarship covers tuition, lodging, and daily subsistence costs, with varying amounts for different Master’s programs. Additionally, selected scholars will participate in specially designed enrichment programs supported by BXAI.