The Government of Kerala has introduced Aspire scholarship to provide opportunities to pursue short term internships/projects in institutions other than their parent Colleges/University Departments. University of Kerala offers scholarships to PG/MPhil/Ph.D students and to the students who have academic excellence in the University Department/Affiliated Colleges. The main aim of this opportunity to students is providing them an exposure to National level research institutions and their interaction with scholars.
The The award can be taken up within the Kerala University/any other University within the State/outside. The candidate can also choose premier institutions like CDS, RCC etc as the host institution.
User Review( votes)
The grant is available for minimum period of one month and maximum of four months. The monthly rate of Scholarships within the State will be Rs. 8,000/- and for internships undertaken outside the state will be Rs.10, 000/-. The distribution of The grants shall be in the ratio of 2:3:5 for P.G., M.Phil and Ph.D Courses respectively.
The scholarship can be held concurrently with any other fellowship/scholarship/ grant.
Criteria for selection and award of ‘ASPIRE’ Scholarship:
1) Only P.G./M.Phil/Ph.D students of Kerala University Departments and Affiliated Colleges can apply.
2) The internship/project is to be worked out with the support and supervision of the scholar/guide in the host institution who has consented to guide the candidate. Sanction letter and Facility Certificate from the host institution and No Objection Certificate from the parent Department/College should be submitted by the candidate along with three copies of the project proposal not exceeding 1 or 1 ½ pages.
3) The Research plan/Abstract submitted should not reveal the identity of the candidate.
4) Only the best proposals should be submitted to the University after preliminary screening of the same by the Department Council in the concerned University Department/College, and duly recommended by the Head of the Department/Principal. The period/duration to be taken for completion of the project should be specified in the proposal. The proposals received in the University will be given for evaluation by experts in the respective area who will specifically state whether they recommend the proposal or not. The final selection will be done by a University level Committee.
5) The parent Institution should ensure that the student get attendance of minimum required number of days for the particular course. The work done at the host institute may be treated as a part of course work for this purpose.
6) The grant is awarded to a candidate only once during a particular course tenure.
7) Inter Departmental projects and projects undertaken in affiliated colleges as host institute are not encouraged.
8) Project proposals with IDE and private Institutions as Host Institutes are to be rejected but a deemed Universities can also be chosen as the Host Institute.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply through the university website. Documents to be attached with the application:
1. Filled up application
2. Consent letter from Guide mentioning Period, Centre etc. of the Project work.
3. Consent letter from HoD/Principal mentioning Period, Institution, External Guide etc. of the Project work 4 Synopsis of the Project Work (not less than 4 pages)
4. Estimate of expense duly countersigned by the Head of the College/Department, External Guide and the candidate.
The Heads of Departments / Institutions are requested to forward the applications along with the list of candidates.
Students who had been Awarded Aspire Scholarship earlier need not apply.
For further information please go through the University of Kerala website.