The Department of Political Science at The College of Wooster is seeking candidates to apply for the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor Positions in Political Science.
The purpose of the bursary is to help both the domestic and international students who are going to take part in the undergraduate program for the academic session 2022/2023.
Great offer for international applicants in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1866, the College of Wooster is a private liberal arts college in Wooster, Ohio. It enrolls about 2,000 students and is a member of The Five Colleges of Ohio, Great Lakes Colleges Association, and the Association of Presbyterian Colleges and Universities. It offers excellent, comprehensive liberal arts education to students from across the world.
Why should I choose the College of Wooster? The College of Wooster offers broad, liberal arts classes, independent study, great organizations, a city you can call home, and fantastic opportunities awaiting discovery all fit into the Wooster experience. The College of Wooster is the nation’s premier college for mentored undergraduate research and the most internationalized campus in Ohio.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by September 01, 2022, at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
- University or Organization: The College of Wooster
- Department: The Department of Political Science
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: 100% tuition fees
- Number of Awards: 9
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate research in Political Science offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The successful candidates will have a demonstrated ability to teach Introduction to U.S. National Politics and upper-level courses in their area of specialty, supervise undergraduate research projects as part of the College’s Independent Study requirement, and contribute to teaching the College’s First-Year Seminar. Some candidates will also teach a course on research design and methods in political science.
- In addition, preference will be given to candidates whose research and teaching connect with one or both of the College’s general education requirements in Social Justice or Power, Privilege, Race, and Ethnicity; or with such interdisciplinary majors as Africana Studies, Women’s Gender and Sexuality Studies, and Urban Studies. Preference will also be given to those with interest or expertise in experiential learning. They prefer candidates who will have completed their Ph.D. by the time of appointment and who have previous independent teaching experience.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity first applicants have to take admission to the University. After that, the applicants are required to apply online via the website. Please contact Prof. Jeffrey Lantis ([email protected]), chair of the search committee, with any questions.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, evidence of effective teaching (including syllabi and summaries of student evaluations), unofficial graduate transcripts, three letters of recommendation, a research statement, and a statement indicating their track record with diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts and how they envision contributing to such efforts at the College of Wooster.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a PhD degree with excellent marks.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your competence in written and spoken English.
The university will provide 100% tuition fees to the selected candidate in the USA for the academic year 2022/2023.