The Queensland University of Technology is looking for talented students to apply for the International Puttick Scholarships for Virtual Production and Immersive Media in Australia. Applications can be made for the academic year 2022-2023.
The purpose of the programme is to support international students who want to pursue a master of philosophy studies in Australia. Selected candidates will be provided a stipend of $7,500 per annum for two years. This amount is tax-free for full-time students.
Fantastic opportunity for Australian, New Zealand, and International students to get benefitted in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The Queensland University of Technology is a public research university located in Australia. QUT is located on two campuses in the Brisbane area viz. Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove. QUT offers undergraduate and postgraduate coursework, graduate diplomas and certificates, and higher degree research courses. QUT establishes collaborative research partnerships between academia, industry, government, and community actors. It ranks at 176th position in Best Global Universities.
Why choose to study at the Queensland University of Technology? The Queensland University of Technology has expansive opportunities for practical learning, valuable connections with industry leaders, and enriching opportunities for global learning – that’s why you’re choosing QUT. Studying at QUT will give you heaps of opportunities to take your study global, including student exchange, international partnerships, and exciting study tours. It seeks to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs and promote tomorrow’s defining industries.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 31 October 2022.
- University or Organization: Queensland University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master of Philosophy
- Award: $7,500
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Australian or New Zealand and International.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master of philosophy in research creative practice and communication and design offered by the QUT.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- To apply for this scholarship, you must meet the entry requirements for a Master of Philosophy at QUT.
- Have recently completed an undergraduate degree from QUT in a cognate discipline within the creative industries from either:
- Creative practice (animation)
- Creative practice (film and screen)
- Have a GPA of 5.0 or above
- Be able to take up the scholarship and begin full-time study preferably in February 2023, but before the end of July 2023
- Develop a research proposal that responds to and aligns with the emerging field of Virtual Production in the context of screen media. Specifically, you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and a passion for the convergence of digital animation, game design, and filmmaking
- Demonstrate excellent capacity and potential for research
- Create original creative work.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested applicants must apply for QUT’s research degree. Applicants must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for consideration prior to applying for this scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a research proposal that must be uploaded with your expression of interest.
- Admission Requirements: You’ll need to show that you are prepared for research studies. You can do this by providing evidence of requirements;-
- Research experience
- University degree completed no more than 10 years ago
- Applicants must have required a GPA of 5.0 or above.
- Language Requirement: Applicants need to meet the English language requirements before submitting their expression of interest. We recommend booking a test as soon as possible.
- IELTS (Academic)
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
The university will provide a living stipend scholarship of $7,500 per annum for two years. This amount is tax-free for full-time students.