The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic Associate Scientist with excellent scientific and technical skills in Andean Agrobiodiversity to support the Regional Strategy for LAC.
This position will co-lead research projects to contribute to the regional goals and strategy for LAC. The selected person will be based in Lima, Peru and will report to the Senior Scientist
Golden opportunity for candidates
User Review( votes)
- Ph.D. degree in agrobiodiversity, conservation biology, agroecology or similar fields.
- At least 8 years of experience in similar positions, preferably working with potato.
- Experience with social science an advantage; e.g. environmental anthropology, ethnobotany or similar field.
- Experience in crop genetic resources uses, on-farm and in-situ conservation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle large multidisciplinary datasets, publish and technical reporting.
- Willingness to successfully implement research into the agriculture development program (s), perform activities in the field, manage travel or other activities required for the accomplishment of the project.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines
- Fundraising research experience and good record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Strong understanding of integrating gender and other social equity considerations into project design and delivery.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English and/or regional languages would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants have to fill the online application form required documents such as cover letter summarizing their relevance to this position, a full C.V. and the names and contact information of two referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to [email protected]
Application Deadline: September 25, 2019