The Global Fund for Women supports women’s groups that advance the human rights of women and girls. We strengthen women’s right groups based outside the United States by providing small, flexible, and timely grants ranging from $500 to $30,000 for operating and program expenses. We value local expertise and believe that women themselves know best how to determine their needs and propose solutions for lasting change.
Who the Global Fund supports
User Review( votes)
- Groups of women working together.
- Organizations that demonstrate a clear commitment to women’s equality and women’s human rights.
- Organizations that are governed and directed by women.
- Organizations based outside of the United States.
Who the Global Fund does NOT support
- Individuals and Scholarships
- Organizations that do not have a women’s human rights focus.
- Organizations headed or managed by men.
- Organizations whose sole activities are income-generation and/or charity.
- Organizations based or working primarily in the United States.
- Organizations in the Global North proposing partnerships in the Global South.
- Government entities, political parties or election campaigns.
If your organization fulfills these criteria, and you would like to apply for a grant:
The projects must meet all the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
* It is based in a country outside the United States. We do not fund US based organizations.
* Its primary focus is to award grants to women’s human rights groups. o Its past or proposed activities include grantmaking and/or capacity-building for women’s rights groups.
* It is governed, directed, and led by women. Women must fill most or all of the leadership roles.
The priority is given to Women’s Funds that might particularly benefit from our support. These include groups that:
* Are actively fundraising from local sources.
* Are located in a region or country that has extremely limited access to funding resources.
* Are making grants to groups working on issues that are difficult or controversial for women to raise in their communities, yet are critical to the realization of women’s human rights.
* Are making grants to women’s groups organized and led by women from particularly marginalized populations, including but not limited to: refugees, rural women, economically disadvantaged women, women with disabilities, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQI) populations, sex workers, women affected by military occupation, women in conflict and post-conflict regions, girls and young women, and women from ethnic, religious, and cultural minorities.
* Actively include the perspectives of those served by or benefiting from the fund’s activities.
There are three types of grants:
1. General Support Grants
2. Travel Grants
3. Organizing Meeting/Event Grants
For Application form , it must be submitted by organizations, not individuals, and must be received at least 8 weeks before the event.
The application form can be submitted online or by mail to:
The Global Fund for Women
222 Sutter Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94108 USA
Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back often!
hi!,I love your writing so much! proportion we keep in touch extra about your post on AOL? I require an expert on this area to unravel my problem. May be that is you! Taking a look forward to peer you.