Advance your research experience and scientific career with the International Fellowship funded by the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research for the academic year 2020/21.
The educational program is open to all international students who want to take part in a postdoctoral research program for up to 2 years. This scholarship fully funds your postdoctoral training at leading overseas laboratories.
Founded in 1991, the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. Its research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore.
- Organization: Agency for Science, Technology, and Research
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Full tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Domestic & International students
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: Students from all nationalities are welcome to apply for the grant.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals may apply but non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have completed a PhD within the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To take advantage of this program, interested students need to concurrently apply to the university for admission. After then enrolled holders must be applying for the award here.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must have a master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have a good knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Annual return airfare
- Other allowances including
- Settling-in allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Annual personal insurance
Application Deadline: Applications are open throughout the year