Advance your research experience and scientific career with the International Fellowship funded by the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research for the academic year 2020/21.
The educational program is open to all international students who want to take part in a postdoctoral research program for up to 2 years. This scholarship fully funds your postdoctoral training at leading overseas laboratories.
Nice opportunity for international students to study in Singapore.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1991, the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. Its research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore.
- Organization: Agency for Science, Technology, and Research
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Full tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Domestic & International students
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: Students from all nationalities are welcome to apply for the grant.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals may apply but non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have completed a PhD within the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To take advantage of this program, interested students need to concurrently apply to the university for admission. After then enrolled holders must be applying for the award here.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must have a master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have a good knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Annual return airfare
- Other allowances including
- Settling-in allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Annual personal insurance
Application Deadline: Applications are open throughout the year