Max Planck Institute for Astronomy (MPIA) is inviting applications for Research Scholarship to study in Heidelberg 2021.
The Max Planck Institute for Astronomy (MPIA) in Heidelberg is seeking applications for a tenure-track astrophysics staff position within the “Galaxies and Cosmology” department.
The MPIA provides a rich environment for collaboration on galaxies and cosmology, star forma
tion, numerical and theoretical astrophysics, sky surveys and instrument development. MPIA researchers have privileged access to a wide range of supercomputing facilities within the MPG and Germany, as well as state-of-the-art observing facilities.
The Max Planck Institute for Astronomy (MPIA) in Heidelberg invites students to carry out their thesis research at MPIA. We offer a stimulating research environment and involvement in exciting research projects.
• Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
• Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Research program.
• Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in Astronomy & Astrophysics.
• Award: The tenure-track appointment will be for an initial period of five years, with tenuring based on a successful performance review. The position includes long-term funding for a postdoc position, computing, publications, travel, etc.
• Number of Awards: Number not given
• Nationality: German citizens
• The award can be taken in Germany
• Eligible Countries: The grant is available for Germany citizens.
• Entrance Requirements:
• The successful candidate will be expected to develop and carry out an independent research program and build up a research group at MPIA.
• We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise and passion in theory, simulations and innovative data-modelling approaches revolving around all aspects of galaxy formation and its diagnostic potential for cosmology, from the Milky Way to the epoch of reionization.
• Applicants must have a PhD in astronomy, astrophysics, or a closely related field. Remuneration will follow the guidelines set for staff members by the Max Planck Society.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Candidates should send a cover letter, CV, publication list, and a research statement (that includes past, current and future research, maximum of 5 pages) by February 1, 2021, and arrange for three letters of reference to be provided separately by the same date.