The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) in association with the Australian Academy of Science is inviting applicants for its Postdoctoral Fellowships in Japan. The fellowships are available for Australian researchers.
The aim of the fellowships is to support Australian postdoctoral researchers to conduct, under the guidance of their Japanese hosts, cooperative research with leading research groups in universities and other Japanese institutions.
A fine program for candidates.
User Review( votes)
The Australian Academy of Science was founded in 1954 by a group of distinguished Australians, including Australian Fellows of the Royal Society of London.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for postdoctoral researchers.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in any field of natural sciences (including technology, engineering and medicine), the humanities and social sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Fellowships will cover the following:
- The amounts of the awards indicated below are subject to change-
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations).
- A monthly maintenance allowance of ¥362,000.
- A settling-in allowance of ¥200,000.
- Overseas travel accident and sickness insurance coverage.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident living in Australia at the time of application.
- Candidates must hold a doctorate degree when the Fellowship goes into effect, which must have been received within six years prior or be scheduled to receive a doctorate degree before the Fellowship goes into effect.
Nationality: Australian applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowships.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- Applicants must submit following documents with the application form-
- Copy of document confirming Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency status (for applicants not born in Australia) e.g. Australian Certificate of Citizenship, Australian passport, Australian permanent residency visa or letter of approval for Australian permanent residency visa.
- Copy of the candidate’s doctoral degree certificate. If the degree has not yet been awarded, a letter is required from the candidate’s institution stating the date that he/she will officially receive the degree.
- Copy of the signed letter of acceptance/invitation from the candidate’s perspective host researcher in Japan, stating that he/she accepts the candidate at his/her institution.
- Copy of the signed referee report form(DOCX, 20KB) or signed a letter of reference/recommendation from the candidate’s current or previous supervisor (not from his/her prospective host researcher in Japan)—(see Notes for referees (PDF, 92KB)). Only one referee report is required.
- The names, address and contact details of two additional referees (Australian) who may be contacted by the selection committee if further information is required.
Application Deadline: Applications for 2020 are now closed