The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation is delighted to offer its Music Fellowships for Indian students. The fellowships are available for Indian vocal musicians in the field of Hindustani Raag Sangeet and Carnatic Music.
The aim of the fellowships is intended to help vocal musicians in their formative years to further their creative talent by providing financial assistance.
Great opportunity for Indian vocal musicians.
User Review( votes)
Shivdasani was born in England, youngest son of Laxmi and Indoo Shivdasani, he founded the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation in 1976, which funds foreign education for meritorious students in India.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for vocal musicians.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the following field:
- Indian Classical Music (Hindustani Raag Sangeet and Carnatic Music).
- Either pursue additional training with a musician (vocalist) or instrumentalist, other than one’s regular guru) or with artists from other areas of performance.
- Undertake performance-related research (Including language and poetry) that enriches their own learning or practice.
- A combination of the above.
Scholarship Award: Fellowships will cover the following:
- The award is a sum of Rs.1,20,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Twenty Thousand Only) for a period of one year.
Number of Scholarships: The fellowships could number around 2-3, depending on the merit of the applications received.
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The applicant for this fellowship must be an Indian citizen, currently resident in India, practising vocal music in the Indian classical tradition.
- The recipient should not be holding a similar /government scholarship or award during the same tenure.
- He/she should be below the age of 30 years on 31st December in the year of application.
Nationality: Indian applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must practicing vocal music in the Indian classical tradition.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- Applicants must submit following documents with the application form-
- CV/RESUME: PDF
- AUDIO/VIDEO: to be sent as links on any of the following online platform such as artist website/ Vimeo/ youtube/ SoundCloud. If links are password protected, please provide the password.
- Letter of acceptance from your guru/guide/institution/collaborators with whom you intend to work.
- Evidence of birth date: Pan Card copy /Aaadhar card copy/Driving license.
- The applications may be sent to the following email: info-at-inlaksfoundation.org.
Application Deadline: Closed