The Australian Research Council (ARC) offers Fellowships to postdoctoral research associates and postgraduate researchers at Australian universities. The Fellowship provides funding of $300,000 for two years of full-time research. Fellowships are awarded based on academic merit and the potential to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in their field of research. Fellowships are open to Australian citizens and permanent residents who are enrolled in or have completed a Ph.D at an Australian university.
Application Deadline: October 26, 2022.
User Review( votes)
- Organization: Australian Research Council
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Fellowship
- Award Amount: $300,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Australia
- Subject: Humanities, Arts and Social Science
- Eligible Countries: Australia
- Eligibility: The scholarship will be awarded to postdoctoral research associates and postgraduate researchers offered by the university.
- The award can be taken in Australia.
The Australian Laureate Fellowships scheme reflects the Australian Government’s commitment to excellence in research by supporting world-class researchers to conduct research in Australia.
The Australian Laureate Fellowships scheme is designed to support world-class researchers in conducting research in Australia. The objectives of the scheme are to:
- Support ground-breaking, internationally competitive, basic, and applied research
- Forge strong links among researchers, the international research community and/or industry, and other research end-users
- Enhance the scale and focus of research in Australian Government priority areas
- Attract and retain outstanding researchers and research leaders of international reputation
- Provide an excellent research training environment and exemplary mentorship to nurture early-career researchers.
Up to 17 five-year Australian Laureate Fellowships may be awarded each year, providing a salary, in addition to a Level E professorial salary provided by the Administering Organisation, funding for up to 2 Postdoctoral Research Associates (5 years) and 2 Postgraduate Researchers (4 years), and up to $300,000 per year project funding.
Project funding may be used for:
- personnel, postdoctoral research associates and research assistants, technicians and laboratory attendants
- access to research and infrastructure facilities and technical workshop services
- essential field research
- expert third party services
- equipment and consumables
- publication and dissemination of project research outputs and outreach activities
- specialised computer equipment and software
- travel costs essential to the project
- web hosting and development
- workshops, focus groups and conferences, and
- reasonable essential costs for researchers who are carers or who themselves require care.
Preference is given to researchers who will play a significant, sustained leadership and mentoring role in building Australia’s internationally competitive research capacity.
Australian Laureate Fellowships include fellowships allocated to exceptional female researchers who will also undertake an ambassadorial role to promote women in research and to mentor early career researchers, particularly women, to encourage them to enter and establish a career in research in Australia.
One call for submission of Australian Laureate Fellowships applications is made each year.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply through the online processor.
Up to 17 five-year Australian Laureate Fellowships may be awarded each year, providing a salary, in addition to a Level E professorial salary provided by the Administering Organization, funding for up to 2 Postdoctoral Research Associates (5 years) and 2 Postgraduate Researchers (4 years), and up to $300,000 per year project funding.