The Auckland University of Technology is offering Marsden PhD Scholarship – Structure and Reactivity in Nanostructured Ionic Solvents. The grant is available for the New Zealand & international students.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
User Review( votes)
Auckland University of Technology is a university in New Zealand, formed on 1 January 2000 when a former technical college was granted university status.
• Application Deadline: December 02, 2019
• Course Level: The grant is available to pursue a PhD degree program.
• Study Subject: The grant is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
• Award: The sponsorship will be awarded Full tuition fees plus stipend $27,500 per annum.
• Nationality: award is available for the New Zealand & international students.
• Program can be taken in New Zealand.
• Eligible Countries: award is available for New Zealand & international students.
• Entrance Requirement: Applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must have completed an MSc or a BSc (Honours) degree in chemistry, with first
2. Class Honors or equivalent, and with a focus on synthetic or physical organic chemistry.
3. Experience in the synthesis or use of ionic liquids is desirable but not essential.
4. The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm and have an outstanding academic
5. record and be prepared to conduct the doctoral study at Auckland University of Technology
6. (AUT) based in Auckland, New Zealand.
7. Applying for a scholarship and admission into AUT are separate processes at AUT. Applicants
8. Must fulfil all conditions for admission to the Doctoral Program in AUT. These can be
9. Found on the AUT University website www.aut.ac.nz.
10. Requirements for the Doctoral program include having completed the required academic
11. qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for the English language
12. Proficiency. Minimum English language requirement for international applicants – IELTS
13. Scores of 6.5 overall with 7 in writing and all other bands 6.0 or higher. A high proficiency in
14. English is essential.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants must apply by email to Dr Cameron Weber at [email protected] attaching:
A cover letter describing your research experience and your interest in this project
1. Curriculum vitae.
2. Academic transcripts and certificates for any previous tertiary study completed at a university other than AUT.
3. Two academic referee statements sent directly and in confidence to Dr Weber by the closing date.