Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship is now available on offer for scholars holding academic positions in Turkey as well as in Istanbul.
The aim of the grant is to sponsor the expenses of the successful candidate for travel within or outside Turkey for research in 2019.
User Review( votes)
Bogazici University in 2015, operates under the last Byzantine Studies Research Center is the first research center established to carry out scientific studies on the Byzantine civilization in a state university in Turkey. Center’s mission to Turkey in the Byzantine / Eastern Roman promoting the civilization upbringing researchers working on the existing researchers contributing to the study, in the experts from Turkey and abroad joint project of creating a suitable environment for the coming together of Istanbul’s Byzantine work of the world’s leading cities in the field to provide support to take place between.
- Applications Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the fields of Byzantine history, art history, and archaeology.
- Scholarship Award: The position is funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation on the basis of a monthly total of $2,000 net for nine months. Funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the grant offers up to $2,500 for the abovementioned expenses to be spent in 2019.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for Turkish citizens and foreign scholars.
- Number of Scholarships: One short term postdoctoral research grant is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Istanbul and Turkey
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for Turkish citizens and foreign scholars.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
ANDREW W. MELLON POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP IN BYZANTINE STUDIES
AT BOGAZICI UNIVERSITY, ISTANBUL,
Candidates with a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field and excellent command of English should submit their application to the Byzantine Studies Research Center before 31 January 2019.
ANDREW W. MELLON SHORT-TERM POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH GRANT IN BYZANTINE STUDIES
FOR SCHOLARS HOLDING ACADEMIC POSITIONS IN TURKEY
The Byzantine Studies Research Center at Bogazici University is pleased to announce one short-term postdoctoral research grant in the field of Byzantine studies for Turkish citizens and foreign scholars holding academic positions in Turkey.
How to Apply: The application file should include a cover letter, a detailed research project proposal, a CV and list of publications, a sample of written work, and two letters of recommendation. The project proposal must comprise the following: title, summary (up to 100 words), complete proposal (up to 1,000 words), work plan, and select bibliography.