The University of Sydney is inviting applications for the 2018 Sydney Scholars Awards. These awards are open for international and Australian students (including New Zealand).
Students considering taking a gap year or you are currently on a gap year or those who completed their secondary education may also apply for these awards.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the country’s leading universities.
- Application Deadline: September 28, 2018
- Course Level: Awards are available for pursuing the undergraduate degree and combined degrees.
- Study Subject: Awards are available in all subjects Offered by University.
- Scholarship Award: The Awards offers Year 12 students commencing tertiary studies in 2019. These range from $6,000 to $10,000 per annum and are awarded from one year up to 5 years (including combined undergraduate degrees).
- Nationality: The Awards are available to International and Australian students (including New Zealand).
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The Awards are available to International and Australian students (including New Zealand).
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- These prestigious financial aid positions will be offered to students who meet the selection criteria, including an ATAR requirement of 95 or above. Students applying to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or Sydney College of Arts will require an ATAR of 90 or above.
- Domestic students (including New Zealand citizens) who apply and achieve an ATAR equivalent of 99.90 will automatically be awarded a scholarship worth $10,000 per annum for the duration of their chosen undergraduate degree (including combined undergraduate degrees).
- Domestic students (including New Zealand citizens) who achieve an ATAR equivalent of 99.95 will automatically be awarded a University of Sydney Scholar Chancellor’s Award.
- International students who have recently completed an International Baccalaureate or educational award equivalent to the HSC, and are applying for admission through UAC, may also apply.
How to Apply:
- To apply for the Sydney Scholars Awards, you will need to complete an online application form and provide your most recent school report.
- Provision for a personal statement is required as part of the application. As the form does not allow for saving and continuing, we suggest that you prepare a draft submission, then copy over your final answers into the text boxes provided.
- Please note there is a strict 1000 character limit on each text box (approximately 150-200 words).