B.C. Access Grants are now available for outstanding students who want to pursue an undergraduate degree, diploma, or certificate programme in Canada for the academic year 2021-2022. The programme is organized by StudentAid BC.
This scholarship programme provides upfront, non-repayable financial support to low and middle-income learners entering a full-time degree programme at B.C. public post-secondary institutes.
Why choose this programme? It aims to encourage eligible students with their post-secondary learning expense through credits, grants, studentships, and additional programs. It also has plans for borrowers who require help to reimburse their loans.
Application Deadline: June 2021
- University or Organization: StudentAid BC
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree, diploma, or certificate program
- Award: up to $29.41 per week of study
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Canada Students
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The grant will be awarded for the undergraduate degree, diploma, or certificate program in Canada.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the grant, the applicants must have to follow the following given requirements:
- Apply and qualify for full-time StudentAid BC financial assistance;
- Have at least $1 of financial need assessed by the province;
- Attend a B.C. public post-secondary institution.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the grant, aspirants can navigate the online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a copy of the following required documents along with the application, i.e., an ID card, a passport photo in JPG format, a CV, and academic records.
- Admission Requirements: Scholars holding an offer letter for their degree with unique curricular criteria and must meet the requirements of eligibility.
- Language Requirement: English is the preferred language, so aspirants need to show good English language skills as per institutes need.
Benefits of the B.C. Access Grant are as follows:
- up to $4,000 per eight-month school year (up to $117.65 per week of study) for students enrolled in undergraduate programs that are less than two years in length.
- up to $1,000 per eight-month school year (up to $29.41 per week of study) for students enrolled in undergraduate programs that are two or more years in length.
- Students in a longer study period (up to 52 weeks of grant eligibility) may be eligible for more; students in a shorter study period may receive less.
- You can receive this grant for each year of your undergraduate studies as long as you still qualify.