Applications for the 2020-21 round of the BACS-Taiwan Huayu Enrichment The studentships are now being accepted. International students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao students are not eligible) are eligible to apply for this application programme.
Established by the Ministry of Education, Republic of China (Taiwan) (the MoE) to encourage international students to undertake Mandarin courses to study Chinese in Taiwan in order to provide them with opportunities to study authentic Chinese, to increase their understanding of Taiwanese culture and society and to promote mutual understanding and interactions between Taiwan and the international community.
Nice offer for international students to study in Taiwan.
User Review( vote)
The British Association for Chinese Studies is a non-political organization which aims to encourage and promote Chinese studies in the United Kingdom.
- Application Deadline: March 29, 2020
- Course Level: This is a nine-month, six-month, three-month and two-month language programmes at approved centres in Taiwan.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study Chinese Language.
- Award: A monthly stipend of NT$25,000 is provided to cover fees and to contribute to maintenance expenses.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao students are not eligible) are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- The award can be taken in Taiwan
- Eligible Countries: International students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao students are not eligible) are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity
International applicants above the age of 18, who possess A-Levels (or equivalent qualifications) or above, an excellent academic record and are of good moral character are eligible. Candidates to whom one or more of the following criteria apply are ineligible for the opportunity .
- Overseas Chinese students and nationals of the R.O.C.
- Those currently studying Mandarin in Taiwan or who have studied a degree programme in Taiwan.
- Those who have previously received a HES or a Taiwan Scholarship.
- Those who will be an exchange student to Taiwan under an agreement between partner institutions in the UK and Taiwan during the program period.
- Those currently receiving financial benefits from the Taiwan government or other educational institutions.
- Those who are not UK nationals.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applicants need to submit the following documents electronically to the British Association for Chinese Studies (BACS) before the announced deadline (in principle, the yearly application:
- An application form (provided by BACS).
- A scanned copy of his/her UK passport.
- Scanned copies of the certificates of his/her highest academic qualification.
- Proof of application to a recognised Taiwanese language centre
- HES: Application Form (2020)
- HES: Reference Form (2020)