Engage in a life-changing four-day experience by participating in the Barranquilla Young Leaders Scholarships organized by the One Young World for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship program not only allows young people’s participation but also encourages the participation of the whole community, promoting citizen engagement through neighbourhood interventions. Winners will be provided with all possible expenses and benefits from accommodation to translation services for their convenience in understanding things better.
Nice chance for students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
One Young World is the world’s most significant and impactful youth leadership Summit. The summit is the landmark event of the year for young leaders. It is a chance for the individuals responsible for shaping the future of our world to come together to confront humanity’s biggest challenges.
Application Deadline: Interested students must apply by 20th July 2022.
- University or Organization: One Young World
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Short programme
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: 3
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Barranquilla.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply to participate in One Young World’s scholarship programme.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must live in Barranquilla.
- The applicants must be aged 18 – 28.
- The applicants must take part or have been part of the programs developed by the District of Barranquilla for the benefit of the youth population, be an active member of volunteer programs, or work with a focus on youth. For example: “Voluntariado cívico”, “Consejeros de Juventud”, “Inglés para el trabajo”, “Universidad al barrio”, among others.
- The applicants must have a proven track record in social leadership.
- The applicants must have a track record of creating a positive impact in Barranquilla.
- The applicants must be willing to commit to work for the causes of Barranquilla’s Civic Culture Volunteering program (“Voluntariado cívico”) and OYW goals after the summit.
- The applicants must have a basic English level.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate in the scholarship programme, students must apply by completing and submitting a scholarship application form. All eligible candidates will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to a motivational video, not longer than 2 minute, answering the following:
- ‘WHY DO YOU WISH TO ATTEND THE ONE YOUNG WORLD SUMMIT 2022, SPECIFICALLY THROUGH THE BARRANQUILLA YOUNG LEADERS SCHOLARSHIP? HOW DO YOU THINK THE EXPERIENCE WILL HELP TO ADVANCE YOUR WORK?’
- Admission Requirements: Students must meet the eligibility requirement for the programme.
- Language Requirement: The students will be expected to know English.
The winners selected by One Young World will be provided with the following benefits:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Manchester Lifetime membership to the OYW community
- Hotel accommodation between 5 – 8 (inclusive) September 2022 for the Summit
- One night of hotel accommodation (if required) for the visa application process
- Additional night on the 4th of September pre-summit
- The cost of travel to and from Manchester (flights in economy)
- Domestic travel costs to the airport to take the international flight (flight in economy)
- Travel to the visa application process (if required)
- Visa costs, if applicable (including visa costs and required travel for visa appointment)
- Catering which includes breakfast at the hotel accommodation and lunch and dinner at the Summit
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- 7 days of daily expenses (£20 per day)
- Travel Insurance between 5 – 8 September 2022
- Translation services for the Opening Ceremony, Plenary Sessions and Closing Ceremony