UNESCO has joined hands with the Al Fozan Foundation to promote Young Scientists in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) by establishing the UNESCO-Al Fozan International Prize for the Promotion of Young Scientists for the academic year 222-2023 in the USA.
This scholarship is mainly for students entering their higher degree studies in the USA from Africa, Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe and North America, Latin America and the Caribbean. The students who are under 40 years of age will be considered. Candidates selected can expect up to $50,000.
Great offer for applicants in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1945, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes world peace and security through international cooperation in education, arts, sciences and culture.
UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. UNESCO’s founding vision was born in response to a world war marked by racist and anti-Semitic violence. UNESCO’s duty remains to reaffirm the humanist missions of education, science and culture, even today, seventy years later.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15th November 2022.
- University or Organization: UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $ 50,000
- Number of Awards: 5
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: Overseas students from Africa, Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe and North America and Latin America and the Caribbean can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for any STEM Research degree programme in an accredited American university or college.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be less than 40 years old at the application deadline.
- Research in STEM, including emerging technologies or;
- STEM education, dissemination of research findings, as well as creativity and innovation or;
- International or regional cooperation in STEM
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must follow the individual application procedure of eh university or college they intend to join. Scholarship applications can be made via this page.
- Supporting Documents: The students may be required to present the following genera and commonly demanded documents to the university:
- Language proficiency proof
- Personal essay
- Copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have earned recognition for their significant achievement/contribution in a STEM discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the university of college they have applied to.
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) will provide the selected candidates $50,000 for each of the five laureates, a medal, and a diploma.