The Bavarian Ministry of Science, Research and Art annually fund scholarships for graduates from CEE (Central, Eastern and Southeastern European) countries.
The objective of the annual scholarship program is to support scientific cooperation and academic exchange between Bavaria and Central-, Eastern- and Southeastern Europe.
Worthy opportunity for candidates who want to study in Germany.
User Review( votes)
BAYHOST is the Bavarian Academic Center for Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe. They promote academic exchange between Bavaria and countries in Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe including Russia.
University or Organization: BAYHOST
Course Level: Doctoral or postgraduate studies
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, and Ukraine
The program can be taken in Germany (Bavaria)
Application Deadline: 1st December 2019
- Eligible Countries: Graduates from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, and Ukraine are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these scholarships:
- have the citizenship of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia or Ukraine.
- be living full-time in your home country at the time of application.
- be no older than 30 (for master’s degree students) or 35 (for doctoral candidates) in the first year of your scholarship.
- be needy, meaning that you are not able to finance your studies at a Bavarian university yourself, nor through the funds of a third party (for example through a scholarship from another institution).
- provide evidence of your German and/or English language skills according to your intended study
- program in Bavaria. Your language skills should be at a level that you can master seminars and academic papers in German or English without difficulty (recommended C1 level of the CEFR).
- be able to give evidence at the time of application that you have achieved / or will achieve a distinctively above-average university degree.
- be matriculated in a master’s or Ph.D. program at a Bavarian University, University of Applied Sciences or Art Academy of your choice during the period of your granted scholarship. At the time
of the scholarship application, the enrollment is not yet required.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must provide evidence of your German language skills, which should be at a level that you can master seminars and accordingly academic papers in German without difficulty.
Benefit: The scholarship is paid out monthly (735,- €) and amounts to 8.820,- € per year. Students with at least one child receive 895,- € per month, which amounts to 10.740,- € per year.