The Bavarian Ministry of Science, Research and Art annually funds scholarships for graduates from CEE (Central, Eastern and Southeastern European) countries.
The objective of the annual program is to support scientific cooperation and academic exchange between Bavaria and Central-, Eastern- and Southeastern Europe.
User Review( votes)
BAYHOST is the Bavarian Academic Center for Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Europe. They promote academic exchange between Bavaria and countries in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe including Russia.
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are meant to finance doctoral or postgraduate studies at Bavarian universities.
- Study Subject: Funding can only be given for study programs conducted at Bavarian state universities (universities, universities of applied sciences and art academies) and at the church universities(Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Catholic Foundation University of Munich and Protestant University of Applied Sciences Nuremberg).BAYHOST grants scholarships for all subjects but only for postgraduate studies (mainly master’s and Ph.D. programs – no BA-studies) at Bavarian universities.
- Award: The grant is paid out monthly (735,- €) and amounts to 8.820,- € per year. Students with at least one child receive 895,- € per month, which amounts to 10.740,- € per year.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, and Ukraine
- The award can be taken in Germany (Bavaria)
- Eligible Countries: Graduates from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, and Ukraine are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these endowments:
- have the citizenship of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia or Ukraine.
- be living full-time in your home country at the time of application.
- be no older than 30 (for master’s degree students) or 35 (for doctoral candidates) in the first year of your scholarship (i.e. on the 01.10.2018).
- be needy, meaning that you are not able to finance your studies at a Bavarian university yourself, nor through the funds of a third party (for example through a scholarship from another institution).
- provide evidence of your German and / or English language skills according to your intended study
- program in Bavaria. Your language skills should be at a level that you can master seminars and academic papers in German or English without difficulty (recommended C1 level of the CEFR).
- be able to give evidence at the time of application that you have achieved / or will achieve a distinctively above-average university degree.
- be matriculated in a master’s or PhD program at a Bavarian University, University of Applied Sciences or Art Academy of your choice during the period of your granted scholarship. At the time
of the application the enrollment is not yet required.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must provide evidence of your German language skills, which should be at a level that you can master seminars and accordingly academic papers in German without difficulty.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online.