Curtin University is offering the BHP Billiton Petroleum Engineering Excellence Scholarships for the academic year 2014-15. The bursaries are provided in the field of engineering (petroleum engineering). The Australian and New Zealand students can apply for these endowments. Two opportunities are offered for three years.
The BHP Billiton Petroleum Engineering Excellence Scholarship has been developed to encourage and reward students currently in their 2nd year of Petroleum Engineering.
Curtin University (formerly known as Curtin University of Technology and Western Australian Institute of Technology) is an Australian public research university based in Bentley and Perth, Western Australia.
- Study Subject(s): The studentships are provided in the field of engineering (petroleum engineering) at the Curtin University in Australia.
- Course Level: The bursaries are available for pursuing undergraduate degree level at Curtin University in Australia.
- Scholarship Provider: Curtin University in Australia.
- Award can be taken at: Australia
- Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for a BHP Billiton Petroleum Engineering Scholarship:
- Have a minimum CWA of 75
- Be undertaking the second year of their Bachelor of Engineering (Petroleum Engineering) degree at Curtin University in semester 2, 2013
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian visa
- Be willing to be enrolled and partake in the Curtin Leadership Centre’s program
- In exchange for scholarship funding, be willing to undertake six months of unpaid vacation work with BHP Billiton Petroleum Pty Ltd over a three year period (Summer Vacation work 2013/2014 and 2014/2015)
- Be eligible for a Commonwealth Supported place at Curtin University
Open for International Students: The Australian and New Zealand students can apply for these endowments.
Number of award(s): Two opportunities are offered.
Duration of award(s): The studentships are offered for three years.
What does it cover? The financial aid positions will provide a cash payment of $10,000 per semester (based on a full time study load of 100 credit points each semester) to costs associated with studying for the normal expected duration of the degree for which The grant is offered (for a maximum of three years).
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: Closed