The University of Manitoba is inviting international students to participate and apply for its Berdie and Irvin Cohen Hebrew University Scholarship offered for the academic year 2022-2023. All graduate students can make their applications.
This scholarship program applies to international students who have enrolled in a Hebrew university in Israel and completed at least one year of full-time study at the University of Manitoba. The selected applicants will be awarded the Berdie, and Irvin Cohen Hebrew University Scholarship, typically towards the required tuition fee or general education fund.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1877 and the first university in western Canada, The University of Manitoba is a Canadian public research university in Manitoba. The university is ranked #651-700 in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Manitoba? The University of Manitoba has made it a point to take its place among leading universities through a commitment to transformative research, scholarship, and innovative teaching and learning – uniquely strengthened by Indigenous knowledge and perspectives.
Application Deadline: Applications are due on 3rd October 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Manitoba
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Eligible Countries: Israeli students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants must undertake an undergraduate or master’s degree program at the University of Manitoba.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have completed at least one year of full-time study at the University of Manitoba or have graduated from the University of Manitoba within the five years immediately preceding application for this scholarship.
- The applicants must be admitted to and enroll at Hebrew University in Israel for one year of study for the 2022-2023 academic session.
- The applicants must have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 at the University of Manitoba.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must first make an admission application via the university portal. Interested students must complete the scholarship application form and submit it via mail at [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Transcripts and course information from previous studies
- Proof of English language proficiency
- A personal statement about your goals for the program
- A portfolio of your previous work
- An audition or interview
- Statement of intent
- Admission Requirements: The applicant must meet the general admission requirement based on your country of study or the general admission requirement based on your curriculum of study and program-specific requirements based on the program(s) of choice.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- IAEP – Pass Level 5/AEPUCE
- TOEFL iBT – 86
- CAEL – 60
- C1/C2 – 180
- PTE – 58
The University of Manitoba will award the selected candidates a scholarship to pursue their desired degree program.