Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University is offering summer internship program for the year 2018. Internships are open to students at different levels of academic study including those in bachelor’s, master’s, law, and Ph.D. programs.
Interns are paid $11.50 an hour, with the exception of certain opportunities for law students who receive summer public interest funds. The summer 2018 program will run from Monday, June 4, 2018, through Friday, August 10, 2018. Summer internships are full-time positions (35 hours/week).
User Review( votes)
Field of Internship: The workload of each intern is primarily based on one project or suite of projects, with encouragement and flexibility to get involved in additional projects across the Center.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
Internship can be taken in USA (Cambridge, MA)
- Internships are open to students enrolled across the full spectrum of disciplines.
- Internships are open to students at different levels of academic study including those in bachelor’s, master’s, law, and Ph.D. programs. We also welcome applications from recent graduates and those in between academic programs.
- Summer interns do not need to be U.S. residents or in school in the U.S.; indeed, we encourage international students to apply.
- Selected interns must be authorized to be employed in the United States during the summer. The Berkman Klein Center works with the Harvard International Office (HIO) to sponsor J-1 Student Intern Visas, which permit employment, for selected summer interns who meet the visa requirements. More information can be found on the HIO website at http://hio.harvard.edu/j-student-intern-visa.
- Summer interns do not need an existing affiliation with Harvard University.
Internship Open for International Students: International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? Yes, Interns are paid $11.50 an hour, with the exception of certain opportunities for law students who receive summer public interest funds (more about these specific cases at the link for law students below).
No other benefits are provided, and interns must make their own housing, insurance, and transportation arrangements.
Internship Description: Each summer the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University swings open the doors of our vibrant yellow house to welcome a group of talented and curious students as full-time interns – Berkterns! – who are passionate about the promise of the Internet. Finding connected and complementary research inquiries among their diverse backgrounds, students represent all levels of study, are being trained in disciplines across the board, and come from universities all over the world to tackle issues related to the core of the Center’s research agenda. Summer interns jump head first into the swirl of the Berkman Klein universe, where they are deeply and substantively involved in our research projects and efforts.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The summer 2018 program will run from Monday, June 4, 2018, through Friday, August 10, 2018. Summer internships are full-time positions (35 hours/week).
Notification: All applicants – that university select, and those they are unfortunately unable to – will be notified when they have finalized their selection process. The university does not have a specific date for this, either, but they do expect our review to carry into spring.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is February 28, 2018.