The University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business (UCT GSB) is offering Master scholarship to social innovators and entrepreneurs, who want to address our continents urgent social, economic, environmental and humanitarian challenges.
The goal of developing the careers of black students to prepare them to become equal competitors and significant role models at UCT in general and in the field of African Studies in particular
The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship was established as a specialised unit at the UCT Graduate School of Business (GSB) in 2011, in partnership with the Bertha Foundation, a family foundation that works with inspiring leaders who are catalysts for social and economic change.
- Applications close: October 31, 2017
- Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue MBA and MPhil programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded for MBA or the Masters in Inclusive Innovation programmes
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship covers full or partial costs of a wide variety of programmes at the UCT Graduate School of Business
- Number of scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in: South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- If you are an African citizen or permanent resident
- If you have started or worked with a social/green/entrepreneurial innovative idea that seeks social or economic change
- If you have worked on advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation within an organisation
- If you demonstrate strong leadership qualities within your field
- If you meet the admission requirements of the university for your selected course of stud
- African applicants can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have previous year degree.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the following:
- The Bertha Scholarship covers full or partial costs of a wide variety of programmes at the UCT Graduate School of Business. These include the MBA (both full-time and the modular programme) and the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online processor.
- Submit your MBA or MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programme application before the respective deadlines to the GSB.
- Submit the GSB Scholarship Application Form which should include:
- Your UCT GSB application number received from the GSB Admissions Office
- Your contact details and your CV uploaded
- Your answers to the three essay questions, which shows how the degree programme at this stage in your career will help to accelerate impact in your area of work/interest and how it will contribute to society as a whole.
- Your short [no longer than four minute] video.
- In the choice of scholarship on the application form, remember to select the option for Focus on Social Innovation & Social Entrepreneurship (Bertha Scholarship).