BI Norwegian Business School/QS award is awarded to candidates who accepted to a Master of Science degree commencing Autumn 2017. The scholarship covers full tuition for the first year of studies, and may be renewed for a second year.
BI Norwegian Business School is an internationally recognized not-for-profit private institution, located in Norway. Established in 1943, BI has one of Europe’s largest and most productive academic environments.
User Review( votes)
Applicants with international bachelor degrees will be ranked according to their national GPA scale. In addition, the national GPA will be transferred and assessed on the ECTS scale.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing Master of Science (MSc) at BI Norwegian Business School.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Science.
Award: The BI Norwegian Business School / QS Scholarship The scholarship covers full tuition for the first year of studies, and may be renewed for a second year. All candidates must meet academic progression requirements in order to maintain their scholarship.
Number of Awards: A maximum of 2 opportunities are available for the academic year commencing autumn 2017.
The award can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Candidates demonstrating strong academic performance who attend a QS World Grad Tour Fair where BI participates, and who apply for the opportunity via the QS website. Candidates must apply for, and be accepted in, a Master of Science degree at BI Norwegian Business School.
- Full study progression (30 ECTS) in each semester.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a “B” on the BI ECTS scale after completion of each academic semester.
- Candidates who are awarded the BI Norwegian Business School / QS Scholarship must be prepared to be “BI Ambassadors”, acting as spokespeople, assisting in recruitment efforts and promoting a good study environment. The details regarding responsibilities will be specified in the Scholarship Contract.
Nationality: BI Norwegian Business School aims for a national and international mix in the student body. Hence, priority may be given to applicants from selected countries, selected partner schools of BI, or enrolled in priority master’s programmes.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: A good GMAT or GRE score is required for applicants. The minimum test score required for admission is:
- GMAT – a total score of 600
- GRE – a score of 152 on the quantitative reasoning section and 158 on the verbal section
English Language Requirement: Applicants must take either TOEFL or IELTS. The minimum standards for test scores acceptable for admission are:
- TOEFL – a total score of 575 points for the written test or 233 for the computer-based version or 90 points on the internet-based test
- IELTS – a score of 6.5
Exemptions are made for applicants:
- Whose native language is English
- Who have two years or more of higher education where the language of instruction was English
- From a country which is a member of the EU/EEA and/or the Council of Europe/UNESCO-Cepes and has English as the first foreign language taken over a period of at least 7 years in primary school, secondary school and upper secondary education
- Under certain circumstances, applicants may request a waiver for the TOEFL or IELTS when applying for admission. To request a TOEFL/IELTS waiver, the applicant must submit a waiver form.
How to Apply: Write a application letter, maximum one page, outlining why you are deserving of this application and apply via the QS website.
Application Deadline: applications must be received by April 1, 2017.