In collaboration with German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences is now sponsoring two new positions named as Graduate School program (GSSP), “Global Inequality, the Middle Classes, and the Welfare State” (GloWel).
This programme will help students gain PhD level education at the university by covering a stipend from the DAAD of 1.200 €/month (plus additional benefits) for 48 months.
A wonderful chance for international students in Germany to complete their doctoral degree at the university.
User Review( votes)
BIGSSS is an international inter-university graduate school in the social sciences, located at the University of Bremen and Jacobs University Bremen, Germany. It is part of a global network of highly acknowledged graduate programs.
Why would you like to apply for admission at Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences? BIGSSS’ doctoral programs prepare PhD students for leading professional positions inside and outside of academia.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
- Provider: Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: 1.200 €/month (plus additional benefits)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program available in the Graduate School program (GSSP), “Global Inequality, the Middle Classes, and the Welfare State” (GloWel)
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You have an excellent MA degree (or national equivalents) in Sociology, Political Science, Psychology or related social science disciplines, e.g. Law, Economics or Media Sciences.
- You have an interest in pursuing a PhD in a structured PhD program and in actively engaging in the events and activities at an international graduate school.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Submit your application for a BIGSSS Regular PhD Fellowship in the GloWel program electronically after creating an account in the online admissions system.
- Supporting Documents: Please make sure to submit all required application materials in your online application. You should follow the checklist of application materials for a BIGSSS Regular PhD Fellowship in the GloWel program:
- Personal Information form (to be completed in the online admissions system)
- Curriculum Vitae (free text – PDF)
- Preliminary Dissertation Proposal (free text – PDF)
- One-page Proposal Abstract (free text – PDF)
- Statement of Purpose (free text – PDF)
- Statement of Skills and Experience with Methods of Empirical Social Research (free text – PDF)
MA/BA/Diplom/Magister Certificates (scan – PDF)
- University Grade Transcripts (scan – PDF)
- Certification of English Proficiency (we accept TOEFL, IELTS, CAE/CPE (Cambridge Exams)) (scan – PDF)
- Two Recent Letters of Recommendation
- Admission Requirements: For taking part, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: You can apply if you are an international applicant proficient in the English language (speaking & writing).
Successful applicants will receive a PhD stipend from the DAAD of 1.200 €/month (plus additional benefits) for 48 months.