The Biozentrum University of Basel is inviting applicants for international PhD fellowship program in Switzerland. Fellowships are tenable in Molecular Life Sciences.
The Biozentrum encourages talented, ambitious and highly motivated young scientists to apply to the Biozentrum Basel International PhD Program.
Beneficial offer for international students to study a PhD degree program in Switzerland.
User Review( votes)
The Biozentrum is the largest department at the University of Basel’s Faculty of Science. The primary focus of this interdisciplinary institute is basic Molecular and Biomedical research and teaching.
Applicants must either already hold or anticipate to receive a university degree that qualifies them for a PhD program at the University of Basel (MSc, Diploma, etc.). Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Application Deadline: November 10, 2021.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing PhD degree level.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are tenable in Molecular Life Sciences.
- Number of Scholarships: 10 scholarships are available.
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: You must hold or expect soon a university degree that qualifies you for a PhD program at the University of Basel (MSc and equivalent).
- Candidates with a 4-year Bachelor degree, typically from outside the Bologna system, are also eligible to apply. These will be able to complete a Master’s program on a fast-track at the University of Basel as part of their fellowship.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
Your application must include:
- electronic copies of your diploma/MSc degree with grades and transcripts
- A CV or scientific resume
- names and contact information of 2 referees from your previous academic environment (usually faculty members) The referees will be contacted automatically and will be asked for an online evaluation as well as a reference letter.
The “Fellowships for Excellence” cover the salary of the fellows for three years (including rotations).
- A personal, annual stipend
- Preferential registration for some courses in the Biozentrum Graduate Teaching program.
- Yearly study trip to a city with ties to Siemens
- Scientific meetings and networking opportunities with current “Fellowships for Excellence” students and alumni.
- Personal certificate of acceptance into the “Fellowships for Excellence” program.
- Support for the preparation of the personal CV and postdoctoral application by Biozentrum faculty members in the “Fellowships for Excellence” committee.
- Financial support for travel to postdoctoral interviews at the end of the PhD thesis.