Bitch Media grants Writing Fellowship in Pop-culture Criticism for international writers. These fellowships are not a full-time position, but an independent fellowship designed for writers.
The aim of the fellowships is to develop, support, and amplify emerging, diverse voices in feminist, activist, and pop-culture media. These fellowships are available to pursue a series of three-month intensive writing.
Golden educational opportunity for international students.
User Review( votes)
Bitch Media is an independent organization and an equal opportunity employer. The organization seek a variety of perspectives and encourage applications from qualified writers of any age, race, colour, gender, religion, ancestry, disability, marital status, and sexual orientation.
University or Organization: Bitch Media
Course Level: Intensive writing
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities
The program can be taken in the USA
Application Deadline: Closed
This fellowship was created in order to cultivate and amplify new voices.
- If you are a writer who has minimal publication experience.
- If you are passionate about one of the above subject areas but do not have a history of writing or blogging about them.
- If you are a writer still figuring out the topics you’re most dedicated to.
- This is not a full-time position, but an independent fellowship designed for writers who want to develop confident, well-rounded voices and are particularly interested in feminist criticism and mission-driven journalism.
- Fellows may be based globally, and U.S. citizenship or residence is not required to be a fellow.
- Writers who have contributed to Bitch before will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for these fellowships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide a cover letter of no more than 600 words that describes your interest in the fellowship area of your choice.
- What are the topics you’re passionate about?
- What are the facets and angles of this subject that you think are underreported and under-discussed elsewhere in the media?
- What unique experiences and perspectives will you bring to the topic
- A CV (no more than 2 pages) that includes a list of any previous publications, if applicable. (You can still apply to a Bitch Media Writing Fellowship even if you don’t have any clips or prior publications).
- Three (3) relevant writing samples
- Short answer questions to help Bitch get to know you
- Admission Requirement: Applicants must be a writer.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English.
These fellowships will cover the followings:
- Receive mentorship and support in creating, shaping, and editing articles and blog posts.
- Receive follow-up support with placing future articles and essays, and make great connections within the feminist-media community.
- Receive a $2,000 stipend for the three-month fellowship.