The University of Newcastle is offering the BMG Indigenous Music Industry Scholarship – Law, Business, and Finance to support the higher education of BMG Australia and New Zealand students in Australia. This scholarship is active for the academic year 2023-2024.
This scholarship can be applied to an undertaken Bachelor, Graduate, and Master program at the university. The award provides a scholarship valued at $8,000 for one year, paid at $4000 after the semester one and two census dates. Students from Australia and New Zealand are eligible to apply.
Worthy offer to study at the University of Newcastle in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The University of Newcastle (UON), informally understood as Newcastle University, is a general institute in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. It is a world-class institute with a firm focus on student knowledge, excellence in teaching, and analysis.
Why choose to study at the University of Newcastle? UofN is rated the 122nd in the QS World University Rankings 2023 and desires excellence in research, creation, and education to develop opportunities for its students, team, and partners to shape a reliable future for business and society. Newcastle delivers a world-class learning adventure that visits its graduates prepared to pursue fulfilling careers in various fields and generate meaningful change globally.
Application Deadline: 15 February 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Newcastle
- Department: College of Human and Social Futures
- Course Level: Bachelor, Graduate, and Master
- Award: $8,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: BMG Australia and New Zealand
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Students from Australia and New Zealand are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the Bachelor, Graduate, and Master’s degree programs in the College of Human and Social Futures in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates must be enrolled in any year of a program where they are studying Law, Legal Practice, or undertaking a program with Newcastle Business School with the University of Newcastle.
- Students enrolled either full-time or part-time.
- Establish their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity and heritage with the university as outlined.
- Candidates Demonstrate academic progress with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 or higher and maintain this for the scholarship duration.
- Candidates are willing to do their curriculum-required placements with BMG Australia in Sydney.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application for admission must be submitted via the university’s online application portal. To apply for the scholarship, applications must be submitted online.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants will need to provide all the following:
- A personal statement outlining their academic achievements, career aspirations in the relevant study area, and how this scholarship would assist them. This statement will cover all scholarships they are submitting for.
- The application will include a free text question asking them to outline their interest in associated future opportunities with this donor and Industry partner.
- The application portal accepts PDF only. A maximum of 3 PDF smaller than 5 MB can be added per document type upload field.
- Admission Requirements: All eligible applicants must meet the entry requirements before starting an application.
- Language Requirement: Applicants may be required to provide an acceptable English test if English isn’t their first language.
The University of Newcastle will provide a scholarship valued at $8,000 for one year, paid at $4000 after the semester one and two census dates. This scholarship allows them to undertake their Work Integrated Learning course component as a placement with BMG Australia. Both scholarship and WIL components must be taken up in the year for which this scholarship is awarded.