Hasselt University is starting a great initiative to support PhD level studies of dynamic students in Belgium. It has established the BOF Doctoral International Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024.
Applications from all interested and eligible students are welcomed. There is no restriction on age, gender, and nationality. The scholarship winners can expect to receive tuition fee coverage and may be a bench fee of up to 8,000 EUR upon further request and application.
An exciting opportunity that will help international students with study costs.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1971, Hasselt University is a public research university that has a pronounced international orientation. It ranks 807th in Best Global Universities and 449th in QS World University Rankings 2023, having gone through an impressive transformation in less than 50 years.
Why choose to study at Hasselt University? Hasselt University has campuses in Hasselt and Diepenbeek, Belgium. Hasselt bases the priorities of its education, research, and innovation on providing learning, being inclusive, international, and sustainable. It nurtures a culture of learning, an inclusive society and organization, a strong international network of partners and society and an organization that puts sustainability first.
Application Deadline: Student applications submitted after 5:00 pm, March 1st, 2023, will not be accepted.
- University or Organization: Hasselt University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International or Domestic
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: Students from Belgium and other foreign countries can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The students can apply for a doctoral study programme at Hasselt University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must submit their applications in English.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission application is required to be made at the university portal. The students who want to apply for the doctoral scholarship must submit a completed application form to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research proposal
- Letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The candidates must meet the admission requirements of the PhD programme they wish to join at Hasselt University.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
The candidates selected by Hasselt University can expect to receive funding for starting personal mandates with a PhD finality for promising candidates PhD’s at the start of a doctoral trajectory.