British Council and FutureLearn have teamed up to create an interactive online course, ‘Understanding IELTS: Techniques for English Language Tests’ like no other. This 6-week English language course is aimed at non-native English speakers at around intermediate level (approximately B1 on the CEFR) or above.
Over six weeks, the course focuses on the IELTS test (International English Language Testing System).
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2 hours PW
Institution: British Council and Future Learn
Certificate Available: Yes
British Council and FutureLearn are providing this online course on the English language. The British Council’s high profile work in English, the Arts and Education & Society help hundreds of millions of people worldwide to learn about and experience creativity and excellence from the UK. Millions of talented people of all ages – but particularly younger people – engage face-to-face and online learning English, developing new skills, experiencing life and study in the UK and earning UK qualifications.
About This Course
Anyone thinking about taking an English language test, such as IELTS, will find this course particularly useful, but all English language learners will benefit from the tips and advice given in the course.
The course focuses on the IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is the world’s most popular English language test for higher education and global migration. IELTS is accepted by over 9,000 organisations worldwide including universities, employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies. Over 2.2 million IELTS tests were taken globally last year.
Why Take This Course?
British Council with Future Learn is offering this course totally free. This MOOC increases your scientific thinking and experimental design skills. This makes you get in-depth knowledge of the language. Applicants can receive a credential signed by the instructor. It will also contain the institution logo to verify their achievement which increases job prospects ahead. At each phase of the course, advice will be given by video tutor and a team of experienced IELTS educators. Applicants will also be asked to share your experiences, tips and opinions with other learners. The course gives you the opportunity to purchase a Statement of Participation. A Statement of Participation is a printed certificate available to purchase that shows you have taken part in a course on FutureLearn.
By the end of the Understanding IELTS course, applicants will:
- Be familiar with all parts of the IELTS test
- Have some useful tips to help you achieve your IELTS goals
- Understand how the IELTS test is assessed
- Have an opportunity to have your written and spoken English assessed by other learners.
He is involved with English language teaching for 20 years and now I focus mostly on developing and running online courses.
The course is aimed at non-native English speakers at around intermediate level (approximately B1 on the CEFR) or above.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, the applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).