Government of Hong Kong is awarding scholarships for overseas studies. These are available for Hong Kong students to pursue undergraduate studies in any tertiary educational and/or academic institution outside Hong Kong.
The Sir Edward Youde Memorial programs aim at financing outstanding Hong Kong students for overseas undergraduate studies. They are expected to contribute significantly to the development of Hong Kong after graduation.
Admirable Scholarships for Overseas Studies.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must have received at least 5 years of continuous full-time education in Hong Kong and fulfill all application procedures and admission requirements at the institution of their choices and be offered places subsequently.
- Be permanent residents of Hong Kong;
- Have received at least 5 years of continuous full-time education in Hong Kong;
- Fulfill all application procedures and admission requirements at the institution of their choices and be offered places subsequently; and
- These are awarded to study the subjects offered by the universities.
- Be proficient in English and Chinese, and have a good mastery of the language in which their studies will be undertaken.
- Hong Kong students can apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
How to Apply: During the application period, application forms can be downloaded from the Student Finance Office’s website, or obtained from this office, or the Trust Funds & Temples Joint Secretariat. Completed forms must be returned to the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council Secretariat before the closing date.
For the 2018/19 academic year, each successful candidate will receive a one-off grant of HK$40,000. They will not be required to relinquish scholarships or bursaries concurrently held by them. Neither will the value of the scholarship be reduced in such circumstances.
Application Deadline: September each year