The Bournemouth University is offering 15 BU music awards for the undergraduate/postgraduate course. This scholarship is available to any UK, EU or the international applicant applying for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at BU
The scholarship supports young people with academic ability, leadership potential and a commitment to their community to achieve their full academic and leadership potential.
A good study program for those applicants who want to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Bournemouth University is a public university in Bournemouth, Dorset, England, with its main campus situated in neighboring Poole. It is recognized for its work in the media industries, being home to the Centre for Excellence in Media Practice.
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue an Undergraduate/ postgraduate course.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study Music at Bournemouth University.
- Scholarship Award: award is valued at £1,150 (major award) or £450 (minor award).
There are two types of music awards awards which include:
- For the major award, you’ll need to have reached Grade 8 of the Associated Board, Trinity or LCM, or equivalent, in your main instrument or voice. In addition, you need to show you have an academic grounding in music, and have passed A-level (C or above) in the subject or have obtained Grade 8 theory.
- In your application, you need to demonstrate how you wish to develop musically, as well as academically. If you are shortlisted, you’ll be invited for an audition and will find out whether you’ve won a scholarship within two weeks.
- Your award will not be formally approved until you hold an unconditional firm offer (UF).
- The minor awards are available if you narrowly miss out on the prerequisites for a major award – you’ll need to achieve Grade 8 in your first year and will then be eligible for a major award in your second year.
- You’ll also be expected to contribute to musical life at the university by performing in concerts and participating in at least one university ensemble.
- Nationality: This scholarship is open to Any UK, EU or international applicant.
- Number of Scholarships: 15
- Scholarship can be taken in UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is open to Any UK, EU or international applicant.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Any UK, EU or the international applicant applying for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at BU
- You must be able to demonstrate that you are a talented musician or vocalist and that you have been involved in ensemble activity.
How to Apply:
As part of your application, you will need to source two references. Referees can include your Director of Music, music teacher, instrumental/vocal coach, ensemble conductor etc, or any other person qualified to write about your musical abilities. They need to complete and submit the online reference form.
financial aid positions will be awarded for the first year of study and may be continued for subsequent years of study providing you continue to meet the criteria.