Studying abroad is an amazing opportunity to enhance your learning. Applications are open for the 2023/24 New International World Scholarship at Burman University in Canada.
The funding program is open to a first-time international world student commencing an undergraduate degree program at BU in 2023. Selected students will receive a $1500 award.
Nice chance to study in Canada.
User Review( votes)
Burman University (BU) was founded in 1907 located in Alberta, Canada. It offers more than 35 major or track choices in bachelor’s degree programs in the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (including the School of Business and School of Education).
Why study at Burman University? It is an independent publicly funded university and a non-profit private higher education institution in Canada. It offers many opportunities to grow academically, spiritually, physically, and socially.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023.
- University or Organization: Burman University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $1500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for the undergraduate program in any subject area and discipline at Burman University.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A student must have initial admission to Burman University without any previous post-secondary transfer credits or degrees; and
- Quebec students with a Level 5 diploma, and if applicable one year of CEGEP, are eligible for Entrance Awards. Level 5 coursework can be used for percentage calculations.
- Completion of high school
- English 30-1 or equivalent with a minimum grade of 60%
- Four (4) additional grade 12 courses, three (3) of which must be academic courses
- An overall average of 60%, with no grade below 55%
How to Apply
Applicants must submit an application in their incoming year.
- How to Apply: There is no separate application required to submit for the scholarship. Applicants must apply for admission at BU and will automatically be considered for the scholarship program.
- Supporting Documents: If applicable, request and submit a reference by the deadline.
- Provide a Social Insurance Number prior to claiming any award.
- Admission Requirements: All other international students are evaluated based on their secondary school or post-secondary transcripts. Applicants must contact admissions[at]burmanu.ca for more detailed information regarding admission requirements for their country.
- Language Requirement: The primary language of instruction at Burman University is English. Students wishing to enrol at Burman University must meet one of the English language proficiency requirements outlined as the following:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 83 (internet-based) or 560 (paper-based). Institutional Code for TOEFL is 0914-01.
- Canadian Academic English Assessment (CAEL) with a minimum score of 70.
- Cambridge B2 First, C1 Advanced, or C2 Proficiency with a minimum score of 176
- Pearson English Language Test (PTE) with a minimum score of 58
- Duolingo English test with a minimum score of 110.
- Official transcripts showing successful completion of English 30-1, or it’s equivalent from another Canadian province, with a minimum grade of 60%.
- Official transcripts from an accredited Canadian, American, British, or Australian post-secondary institution showing successful completion of an English literature course with a grade of C or higher.
- Transcripts showing successful completion of one year of full-time study at an accredited secondary or post-secondary institution where the language of instruction is English with a cumulative percentage of 60% or a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
The 2023/24 New International World Scholarship will provide $1500 to new international world students to study at Burman University.