Whether you’re after career progression, skills enhancement or just love to learn, a PhD degree could be for you! Fully Funded EPSRC and KLA PhD Scholarship is available funding provided by EPSRC and KLA.
The program is open to international students commencing for full-time PhD in Electronic and Electrical Engineering who have to hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level in Engineering or a similar relevant science discipline.
Great chance to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Swansea University was chartered in 1920 as the University College of Swansea in the UK. It is a research-led university that offers about 450 bachelor courses, 280 masters taught and 150 postgraduate research courses.
Why study at Swansea University? It is a world-class institution for higher learning and is highly rated for teaching quality and student satisfaction. Its academic departments are organized into three faculties, which include a total of eleven schools.
Application Deadline: 5 April 2023
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full cost of tuition fees and an annual stipend at UKRI rate
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: EU and International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities, including the EU and the UK.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a full-time PhD in Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates must normally hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level (or Non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University) in Engineering or a similar relevant science discipline.
- If applicants are holding a non-UK degree, see Swansea University degree comparisons to find out if they meet the eligibility.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must complete the application online with the following information:
- Course choice –select Electronic and Electrical Engineering / PhD / Full-time / 3 Year / October
- In the event applicants have already applied for the above program previously, the application system may issue a warning notice and prevent application, in this event, email [email protected] and staff will be happy to assist them in submitting their application.
- Start year – select 2023
- Funding (page 8) –
- ‘Are you funding your studies yourself?’ –select No
- ‘Name of Individual or organization providing funds for study’ –enter ‘RS316 – PhD Elec Eng’
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Monitoring Form(online form)
- Supporting Documents: As part of their online application, applicants must upload the following documents (do not send these via email):
- Degree certificates and transcripts (if applicants are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of their grades to date are sufficient)
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position particularly matches their skills and experience and how they choose to develop the project.
- Two references (academic or previous employer) on the headed paper or using the Swansea University reference form. Referees should cite their employment email address for verification of reference.
- Evidence of meeting English Language requirements (if applicable).
- Copy of UK resident visa (if applicable)
- Admission Requirements: Before starting an application, applicants must see country-specific information for European and international applicants.
- Language Requirement: If applicable – IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 5.5 in each individual component) or Swansea recognized equivalent. Details on the Swansea University English Language entry policy can be found here.
- This scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees and an annual stipend at the UKRI rate (currently £17,668 for 2022/23).
- Additional research expenses will also be available.
- Due to funding restrictions, this scholarship is open to applicants eligible to pay tuition fees at the UK rate only, as defined by?UKCISA regulations.