Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), on behalf of Department of Science & Technology, is inviting applications for C V Raman International Fellowship available for African Researchers.
The education provides opportunities to conduct collaborative research/training in the areas of Science & Technology at universities and research institutions in India. This prestigious study aim is to further strengthen the bond between India and African nations in the fields of science and technology.
Admirable Fellowship for African Researchers in India.
User Review( votes)
The objective of this program is to provide an opportunity for African researchers to conduct collaborative research in various areas of science and technology in different Indian universities and R&D institutions under the guidance of host scientists in India.
Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI), through the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) have launched the C.V.
The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a university or research institution in the African country and should meet the following eligibility criteria for each of the three categories:
- Doctoral/ Postdoctoral Fellowship: Pursuing a Ph.D. in any recognized university or research institution in Africa
- Fellowship is awarded for collaborative research leading research groups in Indian universities and R&D institutions in the areas of Science & Technology.
- Visiting Fellowship: PhD / M.Tech / M.Sc. (Enge. / Technical) or 4 to 6 years of research / teaching experience
- Senior Fellowship: Senior Experts / Scientists / Professors.
- Citizens of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this C V Raman international fellowship.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applications may be submitted online, via e-mail to scholars-at-ficci.com or by post to FICCI, New Delhi, India. The application process is as follows :
- Step 1: Applicant registers online or Downloads the application form
- Step 2: Applicant arranges all necessary documents (mentioned below) required for application
- Step 3: Applicant establishes contact with his / her prospective host scientist in India and secures an official consent letter from the concerned Indian host institute
- Step 4: Applicant submits his / her application to FICCI, through any of the modes – online / email / hard copy
Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Doctoral/ Postdoctoral Fellowship: Rs 40,000/- per month including accommodation, food, and local travel expenses
- Visiting Fellowship: “Rs 50,000/- per month including accommodation, food, and local travel expenses”
- Senior Fellowship: Rs 50,000/- per month + accommodation (accommodation in host institute’s guest house with reasonable facilities/hotel with a cap of Rs 2500 per day).
- Contingency Grant: To cover unforeseen expenses relating to lab/field research, books, stationeries, medicines, and other miscellaneous expenses, if any Doctoral/ Postdoctoral Fellowship: Rs 20,000/-,
- Visiting Fellowship: Rs 10,000/- and Senior Fellowship: Rs 10000 + local travel grant(up to max.Rs.30000)
- Air Fare: A round trip air ticket by economy class
(Approximate conversion rate US $ 1 = Rs 60)
Application Deadline: Closed